In the Press
Radio & Press Interviews
- Dr. Barrera featured in the article “Speak Confidently – How to Buff Up Your Voice” for Women’s Health Magazine, April, 2012
- Multiple Sclerosis Foundation (MSF) Speech and Swallowing Teleconference, January 2015
- Dr. Barrera interviewed in Greece on the topic of Dysphagia, June 2015
- Dr. Barrera interviewed at The International MS Cognition Society Annual Meeting, June 2016
- Dr. Barrera gives invited faculty lecture in Athens,Greece on the use of modalities for dysphagia management, January, 2017.
In the News
- My Girlfriend Went to a Speech Therapist to Cure Her Vocal Fry
So I started dating someone, and it’s not going terribly. She’s beautiful, fun to drink with and likes eating steak and watching Tim and Eric. She doesn’t get upset when I say she looks like a Senegal bush baby and behaves like Jabba the Hutt’s tiny henchman Salacious Crumb. She’s younger than I am, and I’ve taken to serenading her with Urge Overkill’s “Girl, You’ll Be a Woman Soon,” which she hates so much but I guess tolerates because she hasn’t dumped me. These are all good signs!…Read full news
- Celebrate Better Speech & Hearing Month by Considering Telehealth as an Addition to Your Practice
Thanks to Marissa for sharing this innovative use of technology for therapy with us today! Marissa A. Barrera, MS, MPhil, MSCS, TSHH, CCC-SLP is the owner of New York Neurogenic Speech-Language Pathology, P.C., a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) and Professor of Acquired Motor Speech & Swallowing Disorders. With private practices located in Midtown and on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.